Description of your research and your dream!
I am conducting research on epigenetics regulation of helper T cells and their roles in the immune system. Specifically, I am focusing on the Polycomb group and Trithorax group proteins, which originally have been identified in Drosophila and gained significant attention in the mammalian studies in the field of developmental, stem cell and cancer biology. Recently, I focus my effort to ChIP-seq and RNA-seq analysis using next-generation sequencer to understand the features of these proteins. Although Life Sciences is complex and difficult to grasp, my final goal is to discover the principle, which can be applied to any cells, tissues, or organisms through my fundamental research. Thus, I hope to contribute to the development of medicine.
- B.S. The University of Tokyo
- M.D. School of Medicine, Chiba University
- Ph.D. Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University
- Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (DC2)
- G-COE Independent Assistant Professor, Chiba University
- Assistant Professor, Chiba University
- Associate Professor, Chiba University
- Onodera, A., et al.: STAT6-mediated displacement of polycomb by trithorax complex establishes long-term maintenance of GATA3 expression in T helper type 2 cells. J. Exp. Med. (2010).
- Horiuchi, S., Onodera, A., et al.: Genome-wide analysis reveals unique regulation of transcription of Th2-specific genes by GATA3. J. Immunol. (2011).
- Tumes, D.J., Onodera, A., et al.: The polycomb protein Ezh2 regulates differentiation and plasticity of CD4(+) T helper type 1 and type 2 cells. Immunity (2013).
- Watanabe, Y., Onodera, A., et al.: Trithorax complex component Menin controls differentiation and maintenance of T helper 17 cells. PNAS (2014).
- Onodera, A., and Nakayama, T.: Epigenetics of T cells regulated by Polycomb/Trithorax molecules. Trends Mol. Med. (2015).
- Annual Best Research Award, G-COE Program, Chiba University
- Tadamitsu Kishimoto International Travel Award, Japan Sciety for Immunology
- Chiba Medical Society Young Investigator Award
Japan Sciety for Immunology,
The Japanese Society for Epigenetics